A security system is of utmost importance in any home. Most traditional methods are convenient. But technology is always improving and better systems are being developed. Such is the Alexa integrated home security system. This is a smart security system with a virtual assistant “living in the system”. The system uses voice command to enable simple living as well as improve security.
Picking the best Alexa home security can be confusing since many are available in the market. This article is dedicated to supplying enough information to choose the best Alexa home security
1. Ring Spotlight Cam Battery HD Security Camera with Built Two-Way Talk and a Siren Alarm, White, Works with Alexa – 2-Pack
This Alexa compatible smart security system comes with 2 cameras. You will be notified of motion detected and you don’t even have to answer the door. This is because you can command Alexa to answer the person at the door through the compatible Echo devices. This is a favorite device of many buyers who are looking for some extra layer of security to their homes. At the palm of your hands, that is, your personal computer, tablet, or smartphone you can see, listen, and talk to a visitor. You can also receive notifications on your device, upon motion detection. The product has a siren, HD video, and lights. These ensure security on your property. Harsh weather, such as rainfall, may limit these capabilities.
- Dimensions: 4.96 in x 2.72 in x 2.99 in
- Color: White
- Power: Powered by the rechargeable battery pack or an optional Solar Panel
- Fieldofview: 140° horizontal, 78° vertical
- Averageinstallation time: 5-10 minutes
- Connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi connection @ 2.4 GHz
- Free camera replacements are offered by the manufacturer. This is for customers that have had theirs stolen.
- It is easy and fast to install the security system
- It is versatile, allowing for a variety of power options – it can use a battery for backup and solar panel for charging.
- From the mobile dashboard, you can do anything without moving an inch.
- The manufacturer provides easy to understand directions for installation and usage.
- The Ring mobile app is not always effective. This makes it inferior to other brands.
- The notification system is sometimes slow in the communication of detected motion.
- The picture displayed is not as good compared to other cameras.
- The price is quite high.
2. All-new Ring Alarm 8-piece kit (2nd Gen) – home security system with optional 24/7 professional monitoring – Works with Alexa
This is an alarm ring that works well for 1 or 2 bedroom homes. It is Alexa compatible and enables you to set an alarm in three modes; disarm, home, and away.
Efficient security is provided since the keypads have contact sensors and emergency buttons as well. Additionally, security is at your fingertips. This is because the Ring App notifies you when someone has opened a door or window or has activated the motion sensors. Also, from the application dashboard, you can set different modes.
- Dimensions: 6.65 in x 6.65 in x 1.46 in
- Color: White
- Operatingconditions: Indoor use, 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°)
- Power: 100-240V
- BatteryLife: Rechargeable 24-hour battery backup
- Installation: Place on flat surface or mount on walls
- Connectivity: Z-Wave, Ethernet, Zigbee, Wi-Fi, among others.
- It is efficient in detecting carbon monoxide alarms, smoke alarms, and glass breaking even when you are not at home.
- Buyer can set up the system by themselves without expert help.
- The subscription plan is relatively low and has a trial period of 30 days.
- The product’s software is user friendly.
- It integrates well with the Echo devices.
- The battery is durable and can last more than 3 years.
- The system notifies you when the keypad battery is low
- It is not a global product. This is because it is only available to the residents of the USA, Hawaii, and Alaska.
- The monitor sensor could be improved. It is not able to sense 4 feet highup and a distance of more than 20 feet
3. Certified Refurbished Ring Spotlight Cam Wired: Plugged-in HD security camera with built-in spotlights, two-way talk and a siren alarm, White, Works with Alexa
This is an improved camera that easily integrates with Alexa to provide maximum security. You can personalize the common regions of motion. This ensures that the most critical parts of your property are covered. The camera allows for a 78° vertical and 140° horizontal, field of view, and is night vision enabled.
It is electrically powered which reduces the tedious task of recharging. With your smartphone, personal computer, or tablet, you can monitor security on your property. You can also see visitors at the door, speak and listen to them.
- Dimensions: 4.96 in x 2.72 in x 2.99 in
- Video: 1080p HD, Live View, Night Vision
- FieldofView: 140° horizontal, 78° vertical
- Audio: Two-way talk with noise cancellation
- Power: 110-240 VAC that plugs into standard power outlets.
- Connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi connection @ 2.4GHz
- OperatingConditions: -5°F to 120°F
- Color: White
- The camera is weather resistant. It is able to withstand any harsh weather condition.
- The product is fitted with a siren and LED light strips.
- The manufacturer guarantees a lifetime free replacement of stolen cameras for their customers.
- The camera has a great video quality compared to other cameras.
- The security system seamlessly integrates with Alexa.
- It is not ideal for houses without available power sources or those that experience frequent power outages. This is because they are directly plugged into a power source all day and night.
- WIFI connection is sometimes difficult to establish with this camera.
4. Wansview Outdoor Security Camera, Wansview 1080P Wireless WiFi Home Surveillance Waterproof Camera with Night Vision
Are you in search of a camera that will provide you quality images, offer maximum protection 24/7, and protect all your data? This is the product for you. The Alexa compatible Wansview Outdoor Security Camera is a wireless camera that allows a view of up to 60 feet away. This aluminum alloy made camera is not limited by weather since it works perfectly through harsh conditions. Whether rainy, extremely hot, stormy, or any other conditions, the camera works effectively.
With the Wansview Cloud Application, you get real-time data and notifications on the state of your property security. All these are accessible from your hand-held device.
- Dimensions: 158.00 x 60.00 x 60.00 inches
- Manufacturer: Wansview
- Field of view: 105° wide-angle lens
- Color: White
- Operatingconditions: 14F – 104F
- VideoResolution: 1080p
- PowerSource: Corded Electric
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi
- The product is made to be vandal proof and can withstand any weather conditions.
- The product uses special technology for data encryption. This ensures that no one can reach your data if you have not authorized it.
- The security system allows distant viewing by multiple users at the same time.
- Enhanced night vision. The camera has IR LEDs which are 24 in number that allow maximum night vison of until 60 feet.
- The small size of the cameras ensures that they are not easily noticed.
- The cameras come at a very affordable price.
- The cameras are only able to record videos for a maximum of 30 seconds.
- They do not provide for a 2-way talk system or sound like other cameras
- The cameras do not support 5G connectivity.
- You cannot store images or videos on your SD card. The cameras only support the company’s own application for data storage, which is limited.
This camera utilizes GPS and Wi-Fi for detecting motion. The camera turns itself off when the homeowners are home. It provides maximum vision since it covers a 180 degrees field view. The camera is able to tell that an individual is in the camera frame. It focuses on the individual while they are on your property.
The camera is fitted with Alexa capability which allows you to effortlessly give commands. You will get real-time notifications on your smartphone or other devices when there is suspicious activity.
- Manufacturer: Ecobee
- Weight: 1.55 pounds
- Dimensions: 1.72 x 2.28 x 4.25 inches
- Alerttype: Motion Only
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi
- Video: 1080p HD
- Fieldofview: 180°
- Power: 110120 Volts
- The camera allows for great internet connectivity, being fitted with an 8-core processor.
- It has a unique autopilot feature that automatically turns the camera off when you get home.
- The camera is also able to eliminate flares when focused on a window.
- It is an Alexa built-in device with a 2-way communication that allows great camera vision during the day and night.
- It is the easiest and fastest camera to set up compared to the rest – it takes less than 5 minutes to fully install.
- The camera gets quite hot after long daily use.
- The camera does not offer much if you are not a member oftheir Haven subscription.
- The cost of the camera is a bit high.
The items above are the top 5 (five) Alexa compatible or fitted cameras we found on the market today. They have great features that ensure maximum security around your property. This should be enough for you to make the best choice for your Alexa enabled home security. If you are not yet confident about the best product to pick, we have provided a summary of our buyer’s guide below.
- Most affordable Alexa compatible camera – Wansview Outdoor Security Camera comes with great features to suit your needs. Interestingly, it comes at a very pocket-friendly price. This also offers you great value for your investment.
- The most versatile product – the Ring Spotlight Cam Battery HD Security Camera provides for more versatility compared to the other products. This is because it can be powered in many ways. You have the battery for backup and a solar panel to allow charging.
- The most popular device among customers – the second generation All-new Ring Alarm 8-piece kit is widely popular among customers. This is because it has been recognized and awarded by JD Power. The device has been ranked the best at customer satisfaction by this organization.
- The camera that provides maximum vision – Ecobee SmartCamera offers a 180-degree field of view. This provides maximum vision during the day and night as well, compared to the other cameras.
- Best camera for steady electricity powered houses – Certified Refurbished Ring Spotlight Cam Wired is the best device for houses that have a steady supply of electricity and do not experience periodic power outages. This is because the product must be plugged in to a power source and does not need recharging.
We are positive that the buyer’s guide above has been helpful in making a good purchase decision. Don’t worry if you have not made a decision yet! We have other related product reviews that will be helpful to you.
There is great power in knowledge. You can now pick one of the security cameras you have admired. This buyer’s guide provides the most unique features of each Alexa home security system, all of which are outstanding. However, our Author’s Pick would have to be the Ecobee SmartCamera!
This is because it offers a wider field of view, allowing you better vision around your property. It is also able to remove flares when concentrated on a window, among other great features. We are hopeful that you can now pick your favorite Alexa Home Security system.
Click through our other related product reviews to ensure you make a good purchase decision!